On Monday I had the amazing pleasure to interview Tristan McIntosh who was a contestant on American Idol. Her audition went viral when her mom surprised her at her audition and was able to give Tristan her golden ticket! Please enjoy this amazing interview!…
1. What is the biggest change you’ve noticed since American Idol?
My confidence had definitely grown a lot since the show.
2. What artist(s) do you look up to?
Martina McBride and Mickey Guyton.
3. Is it different working in the industry then you thought, if so how?
No, not really.The people are just nicer and kinder then I thought.
4. Is there a quote or saying that you live by?
“It doesn’t matter what you look like on stage as long as you’re having fun.” this is a quote that Tristan thinks that she made up!
5. Was it weird going back to school after American Idol?
No, I just went back to being homeschooled.
6. What is your favorite and least favorite subject in school?
Least favorite: Geometry. and Favorite: English and Music.
7.What are some hobbies you do in your free time with friends?
We like to go to the movies sometimes and we also enjoy reading and writing songs.
8.What is your favorite store to shop at?
Forever 21 and Hot Topic.
9. In your audition what was going through your mind when your mom came out and surprised you?
I don’t know what was going through my mind, I guess I was just so happy that she was there. I just kinda had to cry.
10.Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
Cereal then milk. You have to be able to judge how much milk you will need.
11. If you weren’t pursuing music what career would you want to go to college for?
I would still want to be doing something with music, so maybe something with engineering; like audio engineering. Or music business.
12. If you could only have 1 artist on your phone who would it be?
John Mayer – he has a little bit of everything.
13. Do you have any upcoming events or concerts that you could share?
On July 24- Bluebird Café (Nashville)
July 30- Georgia
August 5- Eddies Attic in Atlanta Georgia
14. Where do you see yourself this time next year. How about 5 years?
Next year- Hopefully my album will be out already and that I am out doing more shows
5 years- establish myself as an artist and be on tour
15.Is it hard going out in public without being recognized?
Depends on the location. Downtown Nashville is a bit hard.Once one person notices me then people start flocking around me. But in more rural areas its more laid back and relaxed.
16. Any new music that you can share?
Follow my Twitter and Instagram for any music that you want to here from me.
17. What advice do you have for any beginning musicians or artists?
For artists: become a musician and pick up an instrument like piano or guitar. Musicians: get yourself out there and make connections.
I had an amazing time interviewing Tristan. She was so well spoken and super sweet! Make sure to follow her on Instagram and Twitter for any events or music she may put out there!
Tristan’s Social Media: