I have been given the opportunity to interview the contestants of Next NASH Star in my local area. I have contacted them and look forward to sharing their interviews as I begin to collect them! Todays interview is with Olivia Farabaugh. Please enjoy!
1.How long have you been singing?
I have been singing since I was in about 3rd grade. I started in my church choir but once i started playing the guitar I fell in love with singing even more.
2. Are you originally from here (Central PA)?
I am originally from central PA. I grew up in Palmyra, it really is a great area to be raised in.
3. If you could describe your music in 2 words besides “country”, what would it be?
If I could describe my music, two words I would use are motivating and honest.
4. What is your favorite song you’ve written?
My favorite song I have written is a hard question. I would have to say the Old People Song was the most fun to write. Just imagining myself in 50 years and wondering what my future husband and I will be like was a blast.
5. What artist(s) inspire you to do music?
I have a lot of artist I look up to and who inspire me. Miranda Lambert is a big one for me because she is simply honest in her music and very edgy. I also love Jack Johnson, he just sends off such positive vibes in his songs. I would love to create a mix of their music.
6. What local venue(s) could you be found at preforming?
You can find me at many local bars and restaurants around the area. Funck’s in Palmyra, The Hide Away, Quentan Tavern, the Blue Bird, and many more. All upcoming events can be found on my Facebook and website.
7. What is something you want new listeners to know about you?
To any new listeners I would like for them to know that I love to use my music to help others and the community.
8. How would winning Next Nash Star change your life?
Winning Nash Next Star would change everything. I would be given the opportunity to share my music with such a larger audience and it would give me the chance to live out my dreams.
9. Is music your only career at the moment or do you have another job?
I am currently working as a hair stylist at Uturn Salon. Anytime I am not in the salon I am working on my music or playing at different venues
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?…. How about 10 years?
My goals in the next 5 to 10 years are to be traveling across the US touring with different artist that I look up to in the music industry.
11. If you release an album right now what would you title it?
Well right now I am working on an EP and debating on my title track. It will either be ‘Left Lane’ or ‘Your Plan’
12. Do you have any preshow rituals? If so what.
On the way to any show I always do my vocal warm ups. And I always take my lucky, hot pink sparkling electric guitar that my first guitar teacher Steave Creader gave to me.
13. What is the funniest/memorable moment that happened to you on stage?
Well the funniest thing that has happened to me during a performance was actually on my way onto the stage. I played at the Lebanon Fair this year and I was asked to ride into the stage on the back of a camel. So of course I had to do it. Clyde the camel was suppose to sit down so I could get off and get on stage. But Clyde didn’t want to sit down on the dirt. So we had to walk all the way back to the grass for him to then sit down while we had the entire crowds attention. Definitely one of my most memorable moments.
14. If you were stuck in an airport with a 3 hr. layover what 1 artist would you want to talk to?
I would have to say Dierks Bentley. He knows so much about the music industry and I have looked up to him for a very long time.
15. So a few years ago I traveled to Scotland and I noticed that they pour in their milk then their cereal which I thought was strange so now I have to ask.. Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
Well I definitely start out cereal then milk. But if I have some left over milk I’ll pore some cereal on top of it.
Thank you so much for reading and make sure to follow me for more content!
Olivia’s Social Media: