I had an amazing time interviewing Jamie Suttle this week! She is such a fun person and I can’t wait to see where she goes with her music. Please enjoy the interview 🙂
1. Tell me about yourself (where do you live, how old are you, etc.)
I am originally from Van Lear, KY. The hometown of Loretta Lynn. I grew up listening to classic country, rock, and gospel music. I call Ohio home now. As far as my age, I’m old enough to have been alive when they made the last Brat Pack movies but wasn’t old enough to watch them for several years 😉
2. What is 1 thing you want new listeners to know about you?
I write honest music. If someone wants to truly know me, it’s all in the songs. The good and the bad.
3. A few years ago I went to Scotland and noticed they pour milk then cereal but here most of us do cereal then milk… So Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
I love all things Scottish but That’s crazy! I would have to say cereal first because you get more in the bowl…go big or go home.
4. What are your hopes for the upcoming year?
This year my main focus is the release of our new record! We have been hitting the studio hard and I cannot wait for everyone to hear the new tunes!
5. If you could only have 1 artist on your phone to listen to, who would it be?
That changes so much! However, if I had to choose…I would have to say Patsy Cline. There has never been another. Her voice bled emotion and I love her music.
6. How did you come up with the song “Flame” ?
The concept of Flame actually came to me while I was in the car. I write a lot in the car. I was listening to one of my favorite songs by Patti Loveless and Travis Tritt, “Out of Control Raging Fire”…and the idea struck me.
7. What does the song “Flame” mean to you?
Flame is about addiction. Simple as that. We can be addicted to a person, a feeling, a substance, etc. For some of us, it never stops. It simply changes into the need for something else. “Flame” depicts the stages of that struggle. It is one that most people can identify with on some level.
8. What was your first concert you went to?
My very first concert was Avalon. They were the Little Big Town of Christian music in the 90s 😉
9. What artist(s) do you look up to?
So many for so many reasons. I love artists like Loretta and Dolly because they write about life, even when it isn’t pretty or clean. They are honest and heartfelt. What you see is what you get. I admire Garth for his incredible writing and sheer force of will on stage…it is unbelievable how much energy one person can exude. On the newer side of things, I look up to artists like Chris Stapleton, the Cadillac 3, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves…they do things their way and they don’t waver.
10. Is there a quote or saying that you live by?
“Be humble but hold your head up, be kind but be strong, hold your ground but always be a soft place for someone to fall” -my granny-
11. Where do you see yourself this time next year. How about 5 years?
I see myself continuing to balance life as a mom and a singer. I want to always strive to be a good role model for my daughter. I am hoping to get this record released and I hope it helps, even one person. If it came with a few extra perks in the music world, that’d be ok too!
One thought on “All About: Jamie Suttle”
Well done interview. Had to LOL about the cereal/milk, milk/cereal question. Enjoy reading your blog.