I was able to interview Elly Cooke who is super sweet! Her voice is just amazing and rich! I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for her music career!
1. How long have you been singing?
I’ve been singing ever since I was little but I didn’t start performing until I taught myself guitar at age 14.
2. If you could only have one artist on your phone who would it be?
Taylor Swift because I can’t live without her songs.
3. What was the first concert you went to?
4. Do you have a quote or saying that you live by?
I have a ton of them haha but my favorite is “Nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37)
5. Who is your ideal person to go on tour with?
One of my dreams is to tour with Hunter Hayes. He’s such a genuine person and performer, I feel like I could learn a lot from him. Also it’d be fun watching his shows every night 😉
6. What was it like to open up for Trent Harmon at the York Fair?
I had SO much fun!!! It was so cool getting to see Trent perform. He was super kind and gave me a lot of advice.
7. What artist(s) do you look up to when creating music?
I look up to a lot of different artists. Some of them are… Tori Kelly, Taylor Swift, Lindsay Ell, Hunter Hayes, Dixie Chicks, Ed Sheeran, Maren Morris, Cam, William Michael Morgan, Maddie & Tae, Shania Twain, and Patsy Cline.
8. What is a must have when you go to a concert?
Lots of energy & water.
9. Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
I do cereal then milk but I always put too much milk in and end up having to add more cereal. Maybe I should try the milk then cereal thing! haha
10. What is 1 thing you want new listeners to know about you?
I want people to know that I make music because I love it.
11. What made you want to start singing country music
The first music I remember listening to was George Strait so I think that probably influenced me a lot. Whenever I write songs or cover another artist’s song, I always play whatever I’m feeling or whatever comes natural and I think country music feels the most natural for me.