Over the weekend I had the opportunity to interview Tenille Arts, who was on America’s Morning Show with Ty, Kelly and Chuck performing her 10 minute tune called Where’s Elvis. Please enjoy the interview down below!
- Tell me about yourself (where do you live, how old are you, etc.)
I’m 23 years old and grew up in Weyburn, Saskatchewan Canada but moved to Nashville TN a few years ago
2. How does it feel for Pandora to call you one of their “2017 Country Artists to Watch.”
Incredible. First real release of my EP and for them to be one of my first supporters is amazing
3. What is 1 thing you want new listeners to know about you?
I am being authentic and myself. I’m sharing my stories through music and people can feel what I was feeling when I wrote them and I hope that I help them through whatever they are going though
4. What is your favorite song on your upcoming album “Rebel Child”.
People love “Alabama” but one of my favorites is “Cold Feet”
5. Is there a backstory to the song “Wildfire and Whiskey”?
I had the title for a while and I had just been making writing trips to Nashville and one day I came into the session with the idea of young love and having fun. The song came together really fast, which was crazy.
6. Can you tell me about what it’s like to be on America’s Morning Show with Ty Kelly and Chuck and what it’s like to be apart of the 10 minute tune?
It was a whole new level with their audience; but it was so much fun and I didn’t think I’d have that much fun. Especially with that much pressure since you don’t know what your topic will be but I decided to go in with a general melody in hopes that it could get me a little bit more prepared
7. Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
Cereal then milk; how do you know how much milk you’ll need
8. If you could only have one artist on your phone who would it be?
The Beatles-They are timeless and will never go away
9. Do you have a quote or saying you live by?
It’s actually from the movie We Bought a Zoo and I remember hearing the quote “20 seconds of insane courage.”
10. What artist(s) do you look up to when creating music?
Dixie Chicks and Shania Twain because they are strong influential woman in the country world
11. Who is your ideal person to tour with?
Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert
12. If you were stuck in an airport with a 3 hr. layover what 1 artist would you want to talk to?
13. What was the first concert you went to?
The Wilkinsons- A big country group in Canada who crossed over into America for a little
14. Who inspired you to start writing and performing music?
The Dixie Chicks and Taylor Swift when she was first blowing up
15. If you weren’t pursuing music what would you be doing?
Hopefully something in the music industry but if not makeup and hair or a personal stylist.
I had an amazing time interviewing Tenille. She was such a down to earth girl and was super easy to connect and talk to! If you like Tenille’s music be sure to buy her album “Rebel Child” which comes out on October 20th!
Tenille’s Social Media:
Rebel Child: http://smarturl.it/RebelChild