I recently was able to interview Jessie Chris who performed her 10 minute tune on Americas Morning Show! She was such a fun person to interview too! Check it out below!
- Tell me about yourself (where you’re from, how old you are etc.)
I’m from Massachusetts and I’m 20 years old
2. What is one thing you want new listeners to know about you?
Have connection with follower/listeners and build relationship as i meet them and meet at shows and connect through music
3. What’s the story behind your newest song “Burn”?
Not about 1 person but many who came and went and left when i needed the most. Wrote with Stephan Spencer.
4. How does it feel to be Elvis Duran’s artist of the month for June 2017? Especially knowing you are the first country artist to receive this recognition.
Crazy! One of my Biggest achievement so far.
5. Can you tell me a little bit more about the Disney #ChooseKindness Campaign and what it means to you?
This time last year I was asked to be a face for the ChooseKindness campaign by Disney. To me it means not to hate and to start inspire people to do random acts of kindness. I personally took this as be kind not bully! When I’m not touring I go into school and talk about my bullying story and inspire those who I’m speaking to.
6. Can you tell me about what it’s like to be on America’s Morning Show with Ty Kelly and Chuck and what it’s like to be apart of the 10 minute tune?
So much Fun! No idea of the topic I wrote a song about goat yoga and i am excited to go back there soon
7. Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
Cereal then milk- worse when you don’t realize you’re out of milk after you pour cereal, it’s a very tricky ratio
8. If you could only have one artist on your phone who would it be?
Keith urban 100%
9. Do you hav a quote or saying you live by?
Dreams come a size too big so we can grow into them
10. What artist(s) do you look up to when creating music?
Keith urban and rascal flatts- great role models and have great music
11. Who is your ideal person to tour with?
12. What was it like to open up for Luke Bryan, Trace Adkins and Parmelee as well as all the other amazing artist you have opened for?
Incredible experiences. Weird to meet and perform with them when i’ve ] listen to them on my phone for years
13. What was it like to perform at CMA Fest when you were 18 and how is it different the 2nd time you performed?
1st time was 4 days after graduation never performed in nashville before and was nervous because i was worried I’d be analyzed by my performance. This past summer was even more fun since I wasn’t nervous.
14. Who inspired you to start writing and performing music?
Rascal flatts and country taylor swift both inspired me to be an entertainer
15. If you were stuck in an airport with a 3 hr. layover what 1 artist would you want to talk to?
16. If you weren’t pursuing music what would you be doing?
Hair and makeup- SUPER girly and love doing hair and makeup
Jessie Chris Social Media: