I interviewed members of the Wilson Brother Band. Chad and Kyle were in different states so Chad answered the odd questions and Kyle answered the even questions.
- How long has the band been together?
“The current band we have has currently been together for over a year. Kyle and I have are brothers and have been playing music together since we were 16/17.”
2. Tell me about yourselves (where you’re from, how old you are etc.)
“Chad and I are from a little small town in Alabama about an hour south of Birmingham. We grew up in a southern baptist family playing in the church with our grandfather, which is how we got into playing music and singing. It progressed after that and we ended up moving to Nashville to pursue our music career.”
3. What is one thing you want new listeners to know about you?
“Our heroes are the songwriters so we put a lot of our influences on our songwriting. We value our songwriting over everything else.”
4. What is your favorite song on your new self-titled album?
“ I really love the track ‘Loving You Loving Me’
5. What was it like to create the music video for “It All Looks Good From Here”?
“Amazing! We used three different locations and drive really cool vehicles and be on the lake and a boat. It was our first major music video we made and we had a lot of fun making it!”
6. Cereal then milk or milk than cereal?
“Cereal then milk”
7. Who is your ideal person to tour with?
Chad said “ I’d say Billy Currington” and Kyle said, “ I’d say, Marty Robinson”.
8. Do you have a quote or saying you live by?
“ Don’t Worry Be Happy”
9. What was the first concert you went to?
“Hank Williams in the year 2000”
10. Who inspired you to start writing and performing music?
“Our grandparents and our aunts and uncles”
11. If you were stuck in an airport with a 3 hr. layover what 1 artist would you want to talk to?
“Bruno Mars! I think him and I would be best friends! ”
12. If you weren’t pursuing music what would you be doing?
“ I think I’d work in country radio.”
Wilson Brother Band Social Media: