I was able to Interview up and coming artist Adam Doleac. He was such a great person to interview. He is defiantly one to watch! Enjoy our interview!
- Tell me about yourself (where do you live, how old are you, etc.)
“I am from Hattiesburg Mississippi and I am 29 years old and I the one thing I like to tell people is that I think the best gift you can give a child is a good set of parents which I was very lucky to have that as a kid growing up. I think who I am today is very much a product of those two.
2. ”How does it feel for Pandora to call you one of their “2018 Country Artists to Watch.”
“It feels amazing, anytime anyone believes in what you do and what you love it just puts a smile on your face. I found that a lot of the music I love just from Pandora so to hear myself up on the watch list has been pretty cool.”
3. What is 1 thing you want new listeners to know about you?
“ I try not to write a song without any emotion or feeling in there somewhere. I like to keep it real there and be very honest to the lyric. It’s something a little different that’s going to last a little longer and you’re going to listen to it over and over”
4. What is your favorite song on your self-titled EP “Adam Doleac”.
“My favorite lyric on the EP would be Everybody Needs Somebody and my favorite song to sing would be Whiskey’s Fine.”
5. Is there a backstory to the song “Whiskey’s Fine”?
“ It’s just about how everyone has their own vices where you get lonely late at night and you text somebody saying “ Hey, are you up?” or “ What are you doing?” and that song is just not worrying about basically saying we will worry about what happens tomorrow.”
6. Can you tell me about what it was like to perform at SiriusXM’s The Highway?
“ It was so great! It was the first organized tour I’ve been on in my career and it was really great to be on. Hearing everyone sing the words to Whiskey’s Fine back to me was an absolutely unbelievable feeling.”
7. Cereal then milk or milk then cereal?
“I do cereal then milk, it’s really weird that they do milk first then cereal. The milk goes last so you can drink it when you’re done with your cereal.”
8. Have you ever been told that you look like Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum?
“ I really have! A funny story about that is a buddy of mine is a pro golfer in the PGA and they had a pro-am a couple of weeks ago and Charles Kelley was his partner so he got to showing Charles my music and my photo and Charles was like yeah that really does look like me.”
9. If you could only have one artist on your phone who would it be?
10. Do you have a quote or saying you live by?
“One day at a time” “ I don’t know if it’s a saying to a quote but it is something I try to live by.”
11. What artist(s) do you look up to when creating music?
“ I grew up listening to the Eagles and Bob Seger and I learned that people are still listening to them today which means something was good about it and they are timeless, and that’s what I want to do with my music. As far as country music I really like what Brothers Osborne and Chris Stapleton are doing. I also really like Maren Morris. Just people who are doing their own thing and it’s unique and what they are doing they are doing well.”
12. Who is your ideal person to tour with?
“ I’d have to go with John Mayer on this one too”
13. If you were stuck in an airport with a 3 hr. layover what 1 artist would you want to talk to?
“ I’d say, Justin Timberlake”
14. What was the first concert you went to?
“ It was Nsync I’m pretty sure Britney Spears was there and a band called Bewitched”
15. Who inspired you to start writing and performing music?
“ The people listening. I put the five songs I had my name to on EP and we had a release party and one of the songs ended up going 500,000 views on YouTube and that just what spurred me! There is nothing like writing and then going to record the song and then going to play the song and watching how people react to the song, it’s just a really cool job I have. I say I work for the fans, the fans are kinda my boss, whatever they like that what allows me to do what I do.”
16. If you weren’t pursuing music what would you be doing?
“I’d probably be back home working on my family’s electrical company doing electrical work.”
Adam’s Social Media: